Staff Accountant – Part Time
Number of hires for this role:
- accounting, 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Full Job Description
- To provide accounting support for activities related to Financial Reporting & Close Periods, Project Management, Product Costing, Finance, ERP, & Cost Accounting Development.
- Input of financial records and transactions.
- Participates in continuous improvement programs to improve overall accounting and reporting productivity.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all customers and vendors; in particular with respect to Receivables and Payables.
- Develops and maintains a high level of communication and collaboration with all functional groups.
- Prepares and enters journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Participate in all cost accounting development and implementation activities.
- Analyzes and establishes standard costs.
- Analyzes standard costing variances and follows up with team on changes if needed.
- Provides Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll assistance as needed.
- Establishes and maintains procedures to achieve high standards of quality, reliability and customer (internal and external) service.
- Works with personnel at all levels to solve routine and special issues.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting.
- 5 years in manufacturing and accounting.
- Knowledge of GAAP related to finance, payroll and associated taxes, cost accounting, budgeting, balance sheet, income statements, inventories, capital expenditures, amortization and depreciation methods.
- Knowledge of Peachtree, IQMS or other specialty software programs transferable to assimilation into systems in use at Forum.
6.0 PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Highly organized individual with a positive attitude.
7.0 REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
- Directly to Controller.
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Waterbury, CT (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- One location
- Masks are optional for employees and visitors
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
- Facility is disinfectant sprayed every week, also if a COVID case is identified
- Visitors must be registered before entering the facility
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Account reconciliation
- Invoice processing
- Running errands (bank deposits, etc.)
- Data entry
Interested in joining our team? Submit your resume below.