project manager/project engineer – FULL TIME
The Project Manager / Project Engineer is a critical member of the engineering team. This candidate will be responsible for managing projects through their entirety, communicating with the customer, working with the internal Forum teams including production, tooling & quality to drive a successful project.
- To ensure that all customer requirements are met with regard to communication, project management, tool design, manufacturing, quality and delivery for projects & tooling.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with all of the customers and vendors of Forum Plastics LLC.
- To work with the management of Forum Plastics LLC to seek new customers and supportive vendors that will aid our quest to grow our company.
- To provide support for all Quality activities for Forum Plastics LLC.
- To implement the company’s Quality Policy and ensure that the requirements of ISO 13485-2016 and other applicable industry standards are maintained.
- Drive continuous improvement activities throughout the organization.
- Direct customer communication regarding project / project status / delivery / qualification requirements.
- Review mold and tool designs to improve quality of manufacturing results.
- Review designs for new tooling, customer change notices, gages, fixtures, and jigs.
- Facilitate the timely completion of all new mold construction projects and ensure established timelines are met.
- Aid in the development and implement manufacturing / engineering programs to improve overall operations.
- Project Management for customer new tooling / products from inception thru to production realization.
- Facilitate meetings with customers to review project status & mold designs.
- Prepare documentation for quote packages.
- Conduct Design for Molding (DFM) for new inquiries.
- Manage qualification projects by working closely with QA.
- Develop and maintain a high level of communication with all departments within Forum Plastics LLC.
- Assist the selection, ordering and implementation of new equipment, and facilities improvements as required.
- Provide inputs for cost and feasibility for new mold construction as required.
- Support the Molding Technicians with timely ordering of supplies and components as needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of continuous improvements for molding, tooling, printing and all other manufacturing operations.
- 4-year degree in Engineering required
- Experience in Manufacturing or Engineering Environment a plus.
- Experience in molding / process engineering related to precision injection molded parts a plus.
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding processes related to medical devices a plus.
- Strong knowledge of safety procedures and policies. Knowledge of OSHA practices desirable.
- Spanish speaking, reading, and writing bilingual ability a plus.
- SolidWorks proficiency desired.
- Microsoft Office skills required (Excel, Word, Project, Outlook).
- Project Management experience desired. 5 years preferred.
- Experience in Medical Device manufacturing & Qualification a plus.
- Highly organized and detailed with a positive attitude.
- Works well under pressure and pays close attention to details.
- A strong sense of responsibility.
- A highly self-motivated person.
- Strong willingness to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to Muti-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Masks are optional for employees and visitors
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
- Facility is disinfectant sprayed every week, also if a COVID case is identified
- Visitors must be registered before entering the facility
- Reports to Director of Engineering
- Waterbury, CT
- Monday to Friday
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time-off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance