Manufacturing Engineer – FULL TIME
job duties and responsibilites
Forum Plastics LLC is seeking an energetic driven Manufacturing Engineer to lead our manufacturing floor Continuous Improvements. This is a Hands-On position focused on lean / continuous improvement initiatives covering Plastic Injection Molding, Clean Room Assembly, Pad Printing and Automation. The successful candidate will have the responsibility of analyzing the current manufacturing state and formulating action plans through known Lean techniques that drive faster changeovers, reduce errors, standardize processes, reduce down time and increase OEE. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn, have a problem-solving mentality, continually look for the next challenge and be respectful to others. In this position, you will:
- Manage Continuous Improvement Projects, lead projects, provide status updates, completes action items, sets goals, establishes priorities, manages project resources, develops concepts and action plans.
- Project management programs as assigned
- Leverage Lean principles to assist in the design and execution of new manufacturing processes, methodologies and equipment layouts to improve overall equipment effectiveness.
- Evaluate where the plant is in relations to goals and adjust action plans accordingly.
- Possess a good understanding of Lean principles and tools and a working knowledge of the Manufacturing / Injection Molding floor.
- Analyze Process flow and value stream layouts and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Perform analyses of systems and business processes to identify, recommend and implement modifications that will improve efficiencies and overall plant performance.
- Improve & Optimize manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Problem solves product non-conformance including investigating and eliminating root cause and effect.
- Understand process and equipment limitations and improve manufacturing efficiencies.
- Participate in developing and improving Technical Operating Instructions.
- Design and implement new manufacturing processes and equipment including documentation and training.
- Support new automation and provide lead support once launched into production
Beneficial Skills and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing field.
- 3 to 5 years of actual manufacturing engineering experience in a manufacturing facility is required.
- Six sigma training and experience
- Ownership and accountability for areas of responsibility is essential.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization is essential.
- Ability to develop and manage project timelines and cost budgets is essential
- Experience working with plastic injection molding
- Strength and/or proven aptitude to acquire skills in use of software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Solidworks.
- Experience supporting automation projects, PLC programming is a plus
- BS degree preferred.
- Waterbury, CT
- Monday to Friday
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time-off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Bonus pay
- Masks are optional for employees and visitors
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
- Facility is disinfectant sprayed every week, also if a COVID case is identified
- Visitors must be registered before entering the facility